Friday, March 23, 2012

Yesterday we finally made it to Tokyo! It was a pretty quick 9 hour flight on ANA to Narita. Lots of turbulence. Luckily neither Amy nor I have a problem with this kind of motion sickness! Amazingly, there were NO screaming babies on the flight! Wow! How often does that happen? Anyway, I'm writing this on Japan time, so it's actually March 23.

Upon arrival we took the Airport Limousine to our hotel, Hotel Sunroute Plaza Shinjuku, chosen for it's acessibility to the JR Rail Station. It's a two hour ride, in traffic from the airport, with only two stops at other hotels enroute.

Had dinner at Takadaya. Yummy! Assorted tempura boat and Fresh Soba salad that had a dressing to die for.
We checked out the surrounds of our hotel before crashing out.

I'll have pictures soon. It appears that this netbook that I'm using won't accept my memory stick adaptor.
Duh! Tomorrow I will look for a power cord for the camera so I can add pics to this. I'm such a dufus!

Today we just walked around Shinjuku station. It's been a rainy day and cold, at least for us lowlanders.
Spent lots of time in Keio Mall and store and decided to retire early as jetlag is getting the better of us.
Do you know that there are Korean dramas here too? Japanese subtitles, of course. What does that mean? It means that we just have to make up our own stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment