Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ugly Toenails





We like to blame our parents for all our unlovable characteristics but I don't think I inherited badly unless you count my flat feet and the ugliest toenails ever. Thanks, Dad. To be fair, Dad did instill in me a love for travel.  Mom gave me the love of reading and craft. Not a bad deal really, but hard on the pocketbook certainly.
I did my time, 25 years of being in the travel industry full time.  Now I'm going on 30 some odd years but only part time now and for special clients. I'll let you do the math. The travel industry has changed drastically in the last 10 years making it hard to stay in it full time and still be able to eat and pay rent much less be able to keep my expensive hobbies. But I still keep on, just 'cause I like it.
Through it all, I've kept my hobbies, trying to at least sell some of the stuff I've made so I can keep buying stuff.  If you're a crafter you know what I'm talking about. Come on, admit it. Crafters are hoarders on a low level. We buy stuff and some of it we never use. I know there are those of you out there who still have at least one piece of equipment or tool still in it's original package waiting to be opened. I've got beads, beautiful beads, that I just like to look at on my workbench. I refuse to use them unless I can use it in a piece spectacularly. And paper...don't even get me started!

No comments:

Post a Comment