Sunday, January 12, 2014


So a New Year begins! And at the end of January, the Chinese New Year begins. Today my friend Amy and I made an impromptu stop at Lillian Hong's stall at the old 99 Ranch center. Amy was looking for a jade gourd, otherwise known as a Wu Luo since she lost hers. Of course, it was a good opportunity to get a charm for me for the New Year. And of course, I couldn't just get ONE. Here's what I ended up with.

I included a boar for Beryl, a Dragon for Mardi (and also because I love dragons), a Rat for me, a crystal for positive energy, a bell for waking my guardian angel, coins for prosperity, a chili pepper for abundance and double eternity knots: one in jade and the other in cord. Whew! I love it though! That lady is just a wealth of information!
So Gung Hee Fat Choy! Happy New Year!

I made only a few pieces of jewelry after January 1 since I spent the New Year's week with my family in Hilo. (I was also very sick just prior to that. Nasty, nasty sinus infection that made my head feel like lead and bronchitis.) And I made a special wedding card for my friend Jerome who married his long time partner Terry in Maui just after Christmas...yes, that means I'm late with my card and gift. Now that Hawaii is recognizing same sex marriage it seems lots of folks here are getting hitched. So here's what I did so far...


Copper and pearl, niobium ear wires
Kauai Beach Glass, sterling

Silver filled with pearl
Silver filled with apatite
Shells, Kauai beach glass on leather


Congratulations Jerome and 



I am planning to be better this year about posting on this blog. I also plan to actually put my pieces in my Etsy store that's been there for years with nothing in it. Ha! We all know how successful I've been so far...so wish me luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment